San Isabel Electric is a not-for-profit electric cooperative that provides reliable and affordable electricity to more than 20,000 members in southern Colorado. San Isabel Electric was founded in 1938 by a group of farmers and ranchers who wanted to bring electricity to their rural areas. Since then, San Isabel Electric has grown to serve nine counties, including Pueblo, Huerfano, Custer, Saguache, Las Animas, Costilla, Alamosa, Conejos, and Rio Grande. In this blog post, we will explore the mission, values, and services of San Isabel Electric.
Mission and Values of San Isabel Electric
San Isabel Electric’s mission is to provide its members with safe, reliable, and sustainable electricity at the lowest possible cost. San Isabel Electric’s vision is to be a trusted partner and leader in the communities it serves. San Isabel Electric’s values are:
- Integrity: San Isabel Electric operates with honesty, transparency, and accountability.
- Innovation: San Isabel Electric embraces new technologies, ideas, and solutions to meet the changing needs and expectations of its members.
- Excellence: San Isabel Electric strives for excellence in everything it does, from customer service to safety to environmental stewardship.
- Cooperation: San Isabel Electric works cooperatively with its members, employees, board of directors, and other stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Community: San Isabel Electric cares about the communities it serves and supports their economic and social development.
Services of San Isabel Electric
San Isabel Electric offers a variety of services to its members, such as:
- SmartHub: SmartHub is a web and mobile app that allows members to manage their accounts, view and pay their bills, monitor their usage, report service issues, and receive important updates.
- Rebates: San Isabel Electric offers cash rebates for more than 40 qualifying energy-efficient products, such as electric bikes, mowers, chainsaws, HVAC systems, and electric vehicles.
- Capital Credits: Capital credits are the margins or profits that are returned to the members based on how much they paid for electricity during a specified time period. Capital credits are one of the benefits of being a member-owner of an electric cooperative.
- Outage Reporting: Members can report power outages using various methods, such as texting OUT to 844-959-3013, using the SmartHub app or website, or calling 1-800-279-7432.
- Renewable Energy: San Isabel Electric supports renewable energy sources, such as solar, wind, hydro, and biomass. Members can participate in renewable energy programs, such as net metering, community solar gardens, and green power purchase.
San Isabel Electric is a cooperative that powers communities with safe, reliable, and sustainable electricity. San Isabel Electric is owned by its members who have a voice and a stake in its operations. San Isabel Electric is committed to serving its members with integrity, innovation, excellence, cooperation, and community. San Isabel Electric is more than just an electric utility; it is a partner and a leader in southern Colorado.