SNSXX is the ticker symbol for the Schwab U.S. Treasury Money Fund – Investor Shares, a mutual fund that invests in short-term U.S. Treasury securities. The fund’s goal is to seek the highest current income consistent with stability of capital and liquidity. The fund is managed by Schwab Asset Management, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., one of the largest financial services firms in the U.S.
Features and Benefits
SNSXX offers several features and benefits for investors who are looking for a low-risk and liquid investment option. Some of the main features and benefits are:
- Safety: The fund typically invests in securities backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government, which means that the government guarantees to pay the principal and interest on these securities. This reduces the credit risk of the fund, which is the risk that the issuer of a security will default on its obligations.
- Liquidity: The fund maintains a high level of liquidity, which means that it can easily convert its assets into cash without affecting its value. The fund has daily net shareholder flows, which show the net amount of money that investors put into or take out of the fund. As of August 8, 2023, the fund had daily net shareholder flows of $31,169,912.72. The fund also has daily and weekly liquid assets, which are the percentage of the fund’s assets that can be converted into cash within one or five business days, respectively. As of August 8, 2023, the fund had 100% daily and weekly liquid assets.
- Income: The fund seeks to generate current income while maintaining liquidity. The fund pays a daily distribution, which is the amount of income that the fund distributes to its shareholders every day. As of August 8, 2023, the fund paid a daily distribution of $0.000137706. The fund also has a 7-day yield, which is the average income paid out over the previous seven days assuming interest income is not reinvested and it reflects the effect of all applicable waivers. Waivers are voluntary fee reductions that the fund’s manager or sponsor may make to lower the fund’s expenses and increase its yield. As of August 8, 2023, the fund had a 7-day yield (with waivers) of 4.95% and a 7-day yield (without waivers) of 4.93%.
- Low Cost: The fund has a low cost structure, which means that it charges low fees and expenses to its shareholders. The fund has a gross expense ratio of 0.350%, which is the percentage of the fund’s assets that are used to pay for its operating expenses before any waivers or reimbursements. The fund also has a net expense ratio of 0.340%, which is the percentage of the fund’s assets that are used to pay for its operating expenses after any waivers or reimbursements. The fund does not have a minimum initial investment requirement, which means that investors can start investing in the fund with any amount of money.
Performance and Risks
SNSXX has performed well in terms of generating income and preserving capital over time. The fund has positive cumulative and annualized returns for various periods as of August 8, 2023. For example, the fund had a cumulative return (the total change in value) of 2.52% year-to-date and an annualized return (the average change in value per year) of 3.66% for one year.
However, SNSXX also has some risks that investors should be aware of before investing in the fund. Some of the main risks are:
- Interest Rate Risk: This is the risk that changes in interest rates will affect the value of the fund’s securities. Generally, when interest rates rise, the value of fixed-income securities falls, and vice versa. This means that the fund’s share price may fluctuate due to changes in interest rates.
- Inflation Risk: This is the risk that inflation will erode the purchasing power of the fund’s income and principal. Inflation is an increase in the general level of prices for goods and services over time. This means that the fund’s income and principal may lose value in real terms due to inflation.
- Market Risk: This is the risk that market conditions will affect the value of the fund’s securities. Market conditions are influenced by various factors, such as economic conditions, political events, natural disasters, pandemics, wars, and other events. These factors may cause market volatility, which means that the fund’s share price may fluctuate due to market movements
SNSXX is a money market fund that invests in short-term U.S. Treasury securities. The fund’s goal is to seek the highest current income consistent with stability of capital and liquidity. The fund offers several features and benefits for investors who are looking for a low-risk and liquid investment option, such as safety, liquidity, income, and low cost. However, the fund also has some risks that investors should be aware of before investing in the fund, such as interest rate risk, inflation risk, and market risk. Investors who are interested in SNSXX can find more information about the fund on its official website or on other financial websites.