Unick is a South Korean company that specializes in producing powertrain system components for automobiles. The company was founded in 1971 and has since become one of the leading suppliers of transmission, clutch, differential, and axle parts for various domestic and foreign car makers. Unick also develops and manufactures thermal management and hydrogen fuel cell system products for green vehicles, aiming to achieve its vision of creating a sustainable future for humanity.
Products and Services
Unick offers a wide range of products and services for the automotive industry, including:
- Powertrain system components: Unick produces high-quality and high-performance transmission, clutch, differential, and axle parts for various types of vehicles, such as passenger cars, commercial vehicles, buses, trucks, and special vehicles. Unick’s products are designed to meet the diverse needs of customers in terms of durability, efficiency, comfort, and safety.
- Thermal management system products: Unick develops and manufactures thermal management system products that control the temperature of the engine, battery, motor, and cabin of green vehicles, such as hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs), battery electric vehicles (BEVs), and fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEVs). Unick’s products include heat exchangers, cooling modules, cooling fans, pumps, valves, sensors, and controllers.
- Hydrogen fuel cell system products: Unick also develops and manufactures hydrogen fuel cell system products that generate electricity from hydrogen and oxygen for FCEVs. Unick’s products include fuel cell stacks, balance of plant (BOP) components, hydrogen storage tanks, hydrogen supply modules, air supply modules, cooling modules, power conditioning units (PCUs), and fuel cell control units (FCCUs).
Unick also provides various services to its customers, such as engineering support, testing and validation, quality assurance, after-sales service, and technical training
Achievements and Awards
Unick has achieved many milestones and received many awards for its excellence in the automotive component industry. Some of the notable achievements and awards are:
- In 1978, Unick became the first Korean company to produce manual transmissions for passenger cars.
- In 1986, Unick became the first Korean company to export manual transmissions to Japan.
- In 1997, Unick became the first Korean company to produce automatic transmissions for passenger cars.
- In 2003, Unick became the first Korean company to produce continuously variable transmissions (CVTs) for passenger cars.
- In 2009, Unick became the first Korean company to produce dual clutch transmissions (DCTs) for passenger cars.
- In 2010, Unick received the Presidential Award for Green Technology from the Korean government
- In 2012, Unick received the Korea Quality Excellence Award from the Korean Standards Association.
- In 2014, Unick received the Korea Technology Grand Prize from the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy
- In 2016, Unick received the Korea Innovation Grand Prize from the Ministry of Science and ICT.
- In 2018, Unick received the Korea Green Management Excellence Award from the Ministry of Environment.
Unick is a leading automotive component manufacturer in South Korea that produces powertrain system components, thermal management system products, and hydrogen fuel cell system products for various types of vehicles. The company has a long history of innovation and excellence in the automotive industry, and strives to create a sustainable future for humanity through its green technology.